Fictions by Kimber Kenobi

18 April 2006

Soft to the Touch

I was walking today, out among the dunes
I had overlooked them for so long,
but today I noticed that they were green
and plush and soft to the touch
I took off my shoes and rubbed my toes in the grass
while the birds passed by

The sky was blue, the clouds puffy
I had always assumed them monochrome and lumpy
why is today different
and so nice and everything soft to the touch
I laid down and closed my eyes against the glow
while the sun passed overhead

And then it happened, there in a dream
The things I had never noticed were obvious
so now I see life
and all of its beauty is soft to the touch
I wanted to keep my eyes closed and watch
while my dreams passed on

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home